Free/Reduced Lunch Info

Children who attend the Wyomissing Area School District, which is a public school district, can apply for free or reduced price school meals online by going to the website.  Please remember an application must be filed every year.

2017-2018 Free and Reduced Information

Wyomissing Introduction to Free and Reduced Program

How to Apply

Household Application

Frequently Asked Questions

Reduced Prices:

Elementary: $.30 (Breakfast) $.40 (Lunch)

Secondary:  $.30 (Breakfast), $.40 (Lunch)

Who can receive free meals?

Children in households receiving Food Stamps or TANF and most foster children can be eligible for free meals regardless of your income. Also, your children can receive free meals if your household income is within the free limits on the Federal Income Guidelines.

Who can receive reduced price meals?

Your children can receive low cost meals if your household income is within the reduced price limits on the Federal Income Chart shown on this application.

Do I need to fill out an application for each child?

No. Complete the application to apply for free or reduced price meals. Use one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information.

Can homeless, runaway, or migrant children receive free meals?

If you have not been informed that they will receive free meals, please call Wyomissing Area School District, homeless liaison or migrant coordinator to see if your child(ren) qualifies.

Should I fill out an application if I have a letter from this school year saying my children are approved for free or reduced price meals?

Please read the letter you received carefully and follow the instructions. If you have questions, call the school at (610) 374-0739,extension 1118.

I receive WlC. Would my child(ren) be eligible to receive free meals?

Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Please fill out an application.

Will the information I provide be checked?

Yes. We may ask you to send written proof.

If I don't qualify now, may I apply later?

Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start receiving Food Stamps, TANF or other benefits. If you lose your job, your children may be eligible for free or reduced price meals.

What if I disagree with the school's decision about my application?

You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to:

Business Manager
630 Evans Avenue
Wyomissing, PA 19610
(610) 374-0739, ext 1105

May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?

Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced price meals.

Who should I include as members of my household?

You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends). You must include yourself and all children who live with you.

What if my income is not always the same?

List the amount that you normally earn. For example, if you normally receive $1,000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only earned $900, put down that you earn $1,000 per month. If you normally receive overtime, include it but not if you get it only sometimes.

We are in the military; do we include our housing allowance as income?

If your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income. All other allowances must be included in your gross income.